The font top-level registration I-D

Dave Singer singer at apple.com
Thu Aug 26 19:06:21 CEST 2004

The W3C timed-text group has noted that there is no standard MIME
name for most font formats, and that there isn't an obvious place to
put them either.  As a result they asked me to create an I-D to
create the top-level font/ MIME node.  A draft is included.

You'll note that we need to fill in the interoperability
considerations, contact, and change controller for the two suggested
top-level registrations.  However, the immediate question before the
IETF is not these two, but the whole concept of the font/ top-level
MIME name.

Any comments gratefully received.
--
David Singer