[mpeg-OTspec] the automatic reply-to on this list

Rob Koenen rkoenen at intertrust.com
Thu Aug 26 20:19:36 CEST 2004

Dave - personal email  - I hate it too!

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Singer [mailto:singer at apple.com]
Sent: Thursday, 26 August 2004 19:08
To: mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [mpeg-OTspec] the automatic reply-to on this list

Can we remove it, please?  I hate lists that have it;  you hit reply
and think you are replying to the author, and in fact, you are not.
If you want reply-all, most or all mailers have that.

I've seen too many security lapses and other embarrassments when mail
intended for one person is sent to a list.  If you're curious,
there's lots on the internet deprecating using reply-to on lists...
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129tsrn03/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
D=groups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1093626584/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=633395474>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of