[mpeg-OTspec] Comment on WD 14496-22

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Thu Feb 21 20:23:35 CET 2008

Dear Suzuki-san, all,

Thank you very much for your efforts to review the text of OFF
specification and for your valuable comments.

I have uploaded a new revision of the text where the following editorial
comments have been resolved and addressed:

1) References to ISO/IEC 10646
I agree with you that none of the amendments to this standard should be
excluded (even if the exclusion is only implied). According to JTC1
Directives, chapter 6.3, I modified the text removing all dated
references to this standard. The undated references are now in effect,
which according to JTC Guidelines and, as mentioned in clause 2
"Normative references" assume that "the latest edition of the referenced
document (including any amendments) applies".

2) OpenType feature tag registry - I added the missing description of
the 'hojo' and 'jjp04' tags.

3) I have fixed the historical references to features and functionality
introduced in the earlier versions of OpenType specifications, where
applicable.

As far as the level of support of Unicode Variation Sequences is
concerned, I believe it would warrant more discussions before any
changes are introduced, and this is exactly one of the mandates of this
AHG. I'd welcome the additional input from you and other group members
on this subject.

Thank you and regards,
Vladimir