ISO/IEC 14496-22/CD - 2nd edition

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Thu May 29 22:16:03 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I would like to remind you that the Committee Draft of the second
edition of the OFF specification is currently under ballot, which will
be closed on June 24th, 2008.
I also would like to ask the members of this AHG to review the current
text of the specification and, if any changes or modifications are
deemed necessary, submit your proposed changes as part of the ballot
comments through your respective National Bodies. In particular, I would
like to suggest that the following parts of the specification (that were
either modified, or the suggestions for modifications have been made)
would be examined for consistency and specification integrity, and for
clarity of the text:

1. Changes in the text of the 'name' table description and proposed
updates
2. Review stylistic sets feature
3. Proposed update for 'rtla' feature description
4. Support for character variants
5. Mark attachment proposal (in GDEF table, to allow more than one type
of mark be defined)
6. Review and modify/extend (if necessary) font embedding bits
7. GDEF table requirements

Any additional proposed changes and corrections are highly appreciate -
please submit your ideas for discussion by this AHG.