Proposal related to Last Resort fonts

Sairus Patel sppatel at adobe.com
Thu Apr 9 06:24:09 CEST 2009

I've discussed the concepts in the following Adobe proposal with various interested parties, including MS and Apple, on an off-list thread:

I think it will very nicely allow for "Last Resort" fonts and cmap subtable format 13 to fit cleanly into the OpenType/OFF specifications.

Since this proposal has Apple's LastResort.ttf in mind (this is a Snow Leopard pre-release font), Adobe would like it to be introduced as an amendment to the OFF standard at the next WG11 meeting (April 19-24). Thus, please review it at your earliest convenience.

Best,
Sairus