[mpeg-OTspec] New "Composite Font Standard" document

Daniel Strebe dstrebe at adobe.com
Mon Dec 14 21:44:02 CET 2009

Ken,

Thanks for these efforts.

As per discussion in September, modifications to metrics and glyph impression were to be as follows:

 1.  Metric scaling, subject to x/y scale factors, and not applying to the glyph impression or attachment points.
 2.  Glyph transformation, subject to full 2-D graphic transformation matrix, not affecting metrics.

I propose these values should not be percentages, but rather scale factors; that is, 1.0 represents no scaling; 0.5 represents 50% shrinkage. The transformation matrix should be six values representing a 2-D scale/shear/rotation matrix plus translation as defined in the PostScript model.

Regards,
- daan Strebe