[mpeg-OTspec] New "Composite Font Standard" document

Karsten Luecke karstenluecke at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 14 23:08:33 CET 2009

Hello Mr Lunde,

if I remember Mr Strebe's mail of 2.10.2009 which was the then final one
on the topic, and the earlier exchange, it could be GlyphTransformation
(outlines only) and MetricsTransformation (all kinds of metrics). With
help of the latter, (mark) attachment points could be "slanted" too if
the outlines get slanted and thus still provide correct attachment
points in this case. (With downside that creator needs to check
carefully what he's doing and with the possibility of odd layout
behavior when the transformation implies e.g. rotation.)
Also please check these older mails (with "transformation" in the
subject line) yourself, I am a bit distracted with other things and do
not want to add mistakes to the document.

Cosmetics: Do I understand it correctly that, of the "Primary Actors",
the "creator" and "user" are human beings while "consumer" refers to
software? If so, and provided these are not common terms, could there be
a less "human" term instead of "consumer", a term which implies that
"comsumer" is a machine? But I do not have an idea for one ...

Best wishes,
Karsten