[mpeg-OTspec] Composite Font Standard 2009/12/16 DRAFT

Karsten Luecke karstenluecke at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 16 15:53:37 CET 2009

Hello Mr Lunde,

it looks good! One question:

Attribute: MetricsTransformationX (X-axis metrics transformation,
expressed as a scale factor, and affecting only X-axis metrics, leaving
the glyph impression and attachment points unchanged)

Attribute: MetricsTransformationY (Y-axis metrics transformation,
expressed as a scale factor, and affecting only Y-axis metrics, leaving
the glyph impression and attachment points unchanged)
<<<

Since attachment points are explicitly excluded from
MetricsTransformationX and MetricsTransformationY, are these supposed to
be adjusted by GlyphTransformation?
If so, I wonder how specific one needs to get in the spec as regards
specific OT features* -- would this, then, require a per-feature list
saying that GlyphTransformation" does not apply to "kern" & others but
does apply to "curs", "mark", "mkmk" & others, to make sure decoders
apply transformations correctly?

* In case of fonts whose layout behavior is determined via OTL tables.

Best wishes,
Karsten