[mpeg-OTspec] Re: OFF "cv01"-"cv99", and a more general question

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Mar 14 03:44:22 CET 2009

There's no reason a cvXX feature couldn't be applied to entire paragraphs, if that's what the user wants. I could see that being a common scenario, particularly when it's used to achieve for the effects that the locl feature is intended for but that the font developer could not implement since they could not anticipate all the languages that use particular variants. Indeed, that's the kind of scenario that originated the idea for this feature.

Peter