AHG conference call reminder [1 Attachment]

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Tue May 19 05:49:48 CEST 2009

Suzuki-san,

What I was describing was a different situation. Very few of today's
Japanese fonts will change prototypical glyphs without changing their
names. For this reason, I do not feel that it is necessary to capture
or specify any GSUB features that correspond to kanji glyphs.

What I was describing is the extremely conservative nature of the
Japanese printing industry, and that changes made to fonts, even if
they are considered to be corrections, are often unwanted or
undesired, because they represent changes. For this reason, some
Composite Font creators may wish to encapsulate or record the specific
version of the font that was used, to ensure that the resulting
Composite Font is the same when it is consumed. Of course, this field
is not required, and we're taking steps to ensure that very few things
are required, but the format needs to have facility to specify this
level of detail, in case it is needed by a Composite Font creator.

Regards...

-- Ken