AHG report for 93rd MPEG meeting

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Mon Jul 19 17:44:18 CEST 2010

Dear all,

Please see attached the AHG report summarizing previously conducted AHG activities and all accompanied documents.

I am happy to report that the input contribution m17712 from Apple summarizing their Spliced Font Format was submitted for consideration at the upcoming MPEG meeting, and would like to ask all AHG members to review it.

As you know, the Call For Proposals for Composite Font Standard was supposed to be published in April 2010. However, the publication was postponed due to disruptions of travel caused by the volcanic activity. I am resubmitting all the documents we prepared and reviewed back in April for consideration at the upcoming MPEG meeting in Geneva next week. Please review the AHG report and all accompanied documents, and provide me with your comments (and/or objections and corrections, if any) ASAP. The following documents are attached:

-          m17652 - the AHG report;

-          m17712 - Apple's contribution on Composite Font Standard Format;

-          m17801 - Draft Requirements for Composite Font Standard;

-          m17805 - Draft text of the working draft previously developed by the AHG;

-          m17808 - Draft text of the Call for Proposals.

Thank you very much,