[mpeg-OTspec] AHG on Font Format Kick-off

Leonardo Chiariglione leonardo at chiariglione.org
Mon Mar 1 17:47:30 CET 2010

Yes,
Leonardo

-----Original Message-----
From: mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com [mailto:mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Ken Lunde
Sent: 01 March 2010 17:18
To: leonardo at chiariglione.org
Cc: Levantovsky, Vladimir; mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com; David Lemon
Subject: Re: [mpeg-OTspec] AHG on Font Format Kick-off

Leonardo,

This possible timeline is incredibly helpful. I assume that WD, CD, FCD, and
FDIS mean "Working Draft," "Committee Draft," "Final Committee Draft," and
"Final Draft Int'l Standard," respectively.

Regards...

-- Ken

On 2010/02/28, at 8:14, Leonardo Chiariglione wrote:

> Ken,
> We are fast, but not fast enough.
> If CfP is issued in April this is what can happen
> 1.      July 2010
> a.      Receive proposals
> b.      Produce WD
> 2.      October 2010
> a.      Publish CD
> 3.      January 2011
> a.      Receive comments
> b.      Publish FCD
> 4.      April 2011
> a.      Publish "study of FCD" (if we feel like that
> 5.      July 2011
> a.      Publish FDIS
>
> This is as fast as the ISO rules allow us to move. Note that even if we
published CD in July 2010 the time line would not change because we do not
have 3 months between July and October
> Leonardo

Behalf Of Ken Lunde
> Sent: 28 February 2010 15:37
> To: Levantovsky, Vladimir
> Cc: mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com; David Lemon
> Subject: Re: [mpeg-OTspec] AHG on Font Format Kick-off
>

> Vladimir,
>
> Thank you. I vote for the more aggressive three-month CFP period. I feel
that this is necessary if we want this standard to be done by the end of the
year.

> Regards...
>
> -- Ken
>
> On 2010/02/26, at 9:00, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
>
> > Ken,
> >
> > The AHG should finalize the text of requirements and the draft CFP
before the next meeting. Since the draft requirements and use cases have
already been approved by the WG11, and there are likely to be only minor
changes to the document, I anticipate that both the "Requirements and Use
Cases" and the "Call for Proposals" will be finalized and published at the
same time in the end of the next MPEG meeting in April.

> > It is also up to the AHG to come up with the recommendations on the
proposal submission deadlines. If we want to move fast, we can recommend the
submission period be shortened to three month, with the deadline set right
before the beginning of the MPEG meeting in July 26-30. Assuming that the
CFP is published on the last day of WG11 meeting on April 23, it would be
possible (although somewhat aggressive) to choose the submission deadline be
July 23rd, 2010. Alternatively, if we want to allow more time for people to
respond to CFP, we can extend the deadline until the MPEG meeting in October
11-15.