[mpeg-OTspec] RE: font media types

David Singer singer at apple.com
Tue Apr 5 23:13:18 CEST 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 12:19 , Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> David, good question but I find this approach a bit messy to deal with. My preference would be to establish a well-define set of types that cover the most common scenarios - we can always extend them (or add additional parameters, if necessary) in the future.

Then I think we need one MIME type to match the one specification/format that you have, and add the parameter later if it proves needed.

I think the questions asked ('which one should I use') indicate that trying to separate as three top-level types isn't working.

For example, if I only handle one of the two outline formats (is that even compliant), I get yes/no/maybe as an answer on whether I can handle a given file, based on its type.  If I handle both, I don't need to know.