[mpeg-OTspec] RE: font media types [1 Attachment] -- WOFF?

Bob Hallissy bobh528 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 22:02:05 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-07  at 14:36  Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> WOFF format already has 'application/font-woff' defined as the MIME
> type for it.

Apologies in advance for my ignorance about mime types.

So does "application/font-woff" have any mechanism to specify whether
the woff package includes TTF or CFF outlines, or OT tables, etc?  If
woff doesn't need that, are we sure "application/font-off" needs it? Or
if OFF needs it, shouldn't WOFF need it? (and shouldn't we be taking the
same approach?)

Bob