FW: font media types

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Wed Mar 23 11:39:15 CET 2011

Dear AHG,

Please see below the email from Mr. Karsten Luecke regarding the registration of the MIME types for various font formats. I brought this subject for consideration of the WG11 meeting, and we have reached an agreement that it would make perfect sense for MPEG to register the MIME types for OFF and other related font formats (TTF, OTF, ...) under the existing top level MIME "application" tree.

The decision was that the AHG should move quickly to finalize the list of font formats for MIME type registration, suggest the MIME types to apply for, and prepare the text of the application to IANA. At the same time, we will have an extended two-week editing period for the existing Working Draft Amendment so that the proposed MIME types could be added in the text of the amendment before it's submitted for ballot.

We need to proceed quickly - the text of the application including the list of font formats and their corresponding MIME types must be finalized no later than April 6th.

Thank you and regards,
Vladimir