[mpeg-OTspec] RE: font media types [1 Attachment] -- WOFF?

Thomas Phinney tphinney at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon May 2 18:23:05 CEST 2011

The second option seems much more clear to me, and makes extra distinctions
that I expect to be useful to some consumers.

Two small propositions:

1) Rather than "format" perhaps "outlines" would be a good label for TTF for
CFF? (I realize there is more than outlines, but outlines are certainly part
of it.)

2) Although there should only be one type of outlines, multiple layout
formats in a single font should be supported.

--
“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone,
 somewhere, may be happy.”