[mpeg-OTspec] Re: [OpenType] RE: Proposal: deprecate ReqFeatureIndex

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Aug 23 19:13:57 CEST 2012

Thanks John.  You summarized my stance very nicely.

Peter, I'm not suggesting that people invent arbitrary tags.  I'm saying that
the tag used does not matter as it is not every read for any legitimate
purpose.  As Khaled pointed out, Fontforge for example already uses ' RQD' for
that purpose, and I just confirmed that I see some fonts having that feature.

behdad