Good news about CFR (aka ISO/IEC 14496-28:2012)

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Mon Aug 6 20:10:43 CEST 2012

Vladimir,

Good catch. Although someone at Apple, such as Tony Tseung, should confirm, I believe that the text in Section 5.5, along with the DTD, needs to be changed via a corrigendum to allow both elements, 'ComponentDef' and 'LanguagePreferredList', as children of the 'Components' element.

For the text in Section 5.5, simply removing the word "either" should suffice:

> Required. The 'Components' element contains one or more of the 'ComponentDef' or 'LanguagePreferredList' elements.

For the DTD, the 'Components' element should be changed to the following, which should allow what is intended, meaning that it must have children, and that both elements are allowed:

> <!ELEMENT Components (ComponentDef*,LanguagePreferredList*)+>

Someone with more experience than me with XML should confirm that the above reflects the intention.

Perhaps Dave Pawson can regenerate the RelaxNG schema based on this DTD change.

Thank you for finding this, and for bringing it to our attention.

Regards...

-- Ken