[mpeg-OTspec] RE: New work on 3rd edition of the OFF (AHG kick-off)

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Tue Aug 7 18:17:32 CEST 2012

The answer is “yes, he did”, if you ask me. ☺

As far as document format is concerned, we cannot change it on a whim since it is the part of the established workflow. Anyone can freely convert the .doc file into whatever format of their preference for viewing, and you can submit your input to this AHG in whatever format you wish – the substance of the contribution will be the only factor guiding the AHG consensus decision. However, the working drafts and all documents produced at subsequent stages of the standardization process will remain using Word format, unless ISO and SC29 change that. FWIW, the final ISO standards *are* published in PDF, but the development workflow is using Word as intermediate document format.

Regards,
Vladimir