[mpeg-OTspec] RE: AHG Kick-off [1 Attachment]

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Wed Mar 7 04:49:00 CET 2012

Joshua wrote:

> As an introduction to that process, I've taken a quick pass at what the
> 'name' table specification might look like after such an effort at
> separating things (attached 'name_proposed.html'). By no means do I
> intend this to be a final proposal for OFF, but I wanted to bring it up
> to the list for review and additional discussion as it relates to the
> mandate.

This looks very worthwhile, Josh. It also looks like a lot of work. Are
you suggesting that a similar approach be taken to all tables? If so,
perhaps one of the first steps should be to prioritise, identifying
which table specs would benefit most from this approach -- I think
you're right in starting with the name table -- and if any don't really
need it.

Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Gulf Islands, BC      tiro at tiro.com

The criminologist's definition of 'public order
crimes' comes perilously close to the historian's
description of 'working-class leisure-time activity.'
  - Sidney Harring, _Policing a Class Society_