AHG Kick-off

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com
Tue Nov 6 15:51:01 CET 2012

Dear AHG FF members,

With my apologies for a delay I would like to announce that the editing period for 3rd edition Working draft of the ISO/IEC 14496-22 (OFF) is now open. We've had great discussions in the past, and a lot of good ideas have been shared - I would like to thank you for your contributions and am looking forward to your continued active participation.

During the period that led us to the last MPEG meeting, we have established a pattern that I believe served us well where a new feature proposal was accompanied by a suggested change to the language of the spec. This approach allowed us to quickly review and discuss the proposed changes and reach a consensus on the spec language, and I would like to propose that we keep the same approach going forward. Therefore, It would be highly appreciated if a suggested change, new feature proposal or an edit / clarification for discussion in this AHG would be presented including a rationale for a change, brief description / background info and the suggested changes / edits to the language of the spec.

I also would like to mention that the draft corrigendum to ISO/IEC 14496-28 (CFR) has been published and the ballot is currently being prepared. I expect the ballot to be closed before the WG11 meeting in April 2013, and the corrigendum be published soon after the meeting.