Draft AHG report

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Thu Apr 18 21:41:28 CEST 2013

Dear all,

In preparation for the upcoming MPEG meeting next week please review the attached draft report. As you may or may not know, John Hopkins, who was an active contributor on this list, has left his organization. He reached out to me off the list suggesting that one of his colleagues will pick up the activity in this AHG so I am hopeful that we will be able to resolve all the remaining open issues and finalize the working draft then.

It has been our goal to get the working draft ready for promoting it to the Committee Draft at this meeting, but I believe that the industry will be better served if we produce a complete, quality document that doesn't leave things open-ended. I would like to propose that we keep the working draft open at this time, with the explicit understanding that we should make an effort to address all remaining open issues and make it ready for promotion to the next stage. This is the position that I recommend we should take and, if you do not have an objection, I will present this position at the meeting next week.