[OpenType] Tools for adding ssXX/cvXX UI Name ID parameters?

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Mon Jan 7 20:04:36 CET 2013

On 06/01/13 6:23 AM, Adam Twardoch (List) wrote:

> Therefore, my final proposal is to change the "Script/language sensitivity" section of the ss01-ss20 feature description to (subject to improvement suggestions):

> Script/language sensitivity: None. For each respective[/distinct] 'ssXX' feature, the FeatureParams in the FeatureList must point to the same set of values.

I think this makes sense (and for the 'cvXX' features too).

Given that the file format structure is as Behdad describes, can we
confirm that current tools for adding FeatureParams and names -- the SIL
tool, DTL OTMaster and AFDKO -- already do as Adam suggests, i.e. write
the same values to all the FeatureParams in the FeatureList regardless
of script and language system? Or are there any assumptions here of the
kind that afflicted early OTL implementation, e.g. only writing
FeatureParams to the <latn> script tag!

Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
Gulf Islands, BC      tiro at tiro.com

The criminologist's definition of 'public order
crimes' comes perilously close to the historian's
description of 'working-class leisure-time activity.'
  - Sidney Harring, _Policing a Class Society_