[mpeg-OTspec] post table recommendations: a question and a proposal

John H. Jenkins jenkins at apple.com
Wed Jul 3 01:06:21 CEST 2013

Well, except that I'd substitute "should" for "must" in #2.  We don't want people to start flagging fonts as invalid if they have "invalid" names, because too many fonts do that.  (In particular, Apple fonts tend to use ".null" for the name of GID 1.)

If I'm reading the first note correctly, it means, "Don't use formats 1 or 2.5," but I could be wrong.