[mpeg-OTspec] CFR ascender and descender

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Fri Nov 15 14:35:48 CET 2013

Christopher,

Your understanding about which component font to reference for these values if they are missing. Also, the word "typographic" in the descriptions is a clue as to which ascender and descender values to use, specifically these 'OS/2' table ones:

  OS/2.sTypoAscender
  OS/2.sTypoDescender

(These values should be identical to those in hhea.Ascender & hhea.Descender; at least, our OpenType tools make them so.)

Regards...

-- Ken