[mpeg-OTspec] CFR ascender and descender

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Nov 18 22:09:14 CET 2013

Thank you Christopher, you brought up a very good point.

Folks, just FYI - the latest corrigendum is currently under ballot so if there are any additional changes needed we can introduce them via ballot comments but we need to finalize the comments and do it quickly.

Ken, Tony - what are your thoughts on this particular issue, should we add a clarification in the spec language so that both CFR authors (when the ascender/descender values are provided by them) and the implementers (when the values are inherited from a highest priority component) would have a clear guidance on what fields to use as a reference?

Thank you,
Vlad