AHG Kick-off and the new mandate

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Aug 25 18:24:23 CEST 2014

Dear AHG members,

I am happy to report that the text of the 3rd edition of ISO/IEC 14496-22 "Open Font Format" standard has been promoted to Draft International Standard stage and the ballot is now published. The text has been made public and can be downloaded for review using the following link:
http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/standards/mpeg-4/open-font-format/text-isoiec-dis-14496-22-3rd-edition

The AHG mandate is "to study the DIS of the ISO/IEC 14496-22 3rd edition and solicit technologies to further improve it". I would like to ask you to review the text and provide your suggested changes which can be incorporated as ISO ballot comments. At this stage, we can only suggest comments that incorporate clarifications and improvements to what is already included in the standard, proposals for new technologies can be considered as future new work items and would require an amendment.

Thank you very much for your contributions!