WD6 -- 'post' table corrections not yet included

Bob Hallissy bobh528 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 22:20:54 CET 2014

Greetings all,

On 2014-03-06 2:18 PM, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
 > This is just a friendly reminder that we need to review the text of
the WD (see below) with all the recent changes ...

Two issues remaining in the current draft that I thought we had resolved:

Per the discussion post table: Macintosh "standard" glyph names
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mpeg-OTspec/conversations/topics/1029>,
I thought the consensus was to replace, in section 5.2.9.1 (and thus the
Bibliography),  the reference to  WGL4.0 Character Set with references
to chapter 6 Apple's TrueType manual, specifically to
http://developer.apple.com/fonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6post.html.

In Chapter 7 Recommendations for the 'post' table, the 3rd paragraph
should include .null as a valid name, specifically it should revised:

>     except the special glyph names".notdef"and ".null"which startswith
>     a period.

See 2nd message of the same "post table" thread [above]
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mpeg-OTspec/conversations/topics/1029>for
details.

On the subject of this text, (i.e., Chapter 7 Recommendations for 'post'
table) that same 3rd paragraph has an superfluous (and distracting)
hard-return in the 3rd line.

Bob