[mpeg-OTspec] cmap format4 structure question

Bob Hallissy bobh528 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 22:43:01 CET 2014

On 2014-01-24 8:41 AM, Opstad, Dave wrote:
> As I recall, the TrueType code for format 4 'cmap' subtables is
> looking for a sentinel of (0xFFFF, 0xFFFF) specifically, so I don't
> think the (0xFFFC, 0xFFFF) you posit would work.
> Cheers,
> Dave Opstad

If this is the case, should the OFF spec be tightened up to reflect
this? Specifically, should section 5.2.1.3.3 Format 4: Segment mapping
to delta values be revised:

from:

    For the search to terminate, the final endCode value must be 0xFFFF.

to:

    For the search to terminate, the final startCode and endCode values
    must be 0xFFFF.

Bob