[OpenType] Re: [mpeg-OTspec] SVGZ in SVG+OpenType

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Fri Nov 21 15:05:53 CET 2014

Hello Behdad,

Friday, November 21, 2014, 3:24:30 AM, you wrote:

> As promised, here's the proposed addition to the SVG_in_OpenType spec.  Under
> 2.2.3 SVG Document Index Entry, before the last paragraph ("For further
> details about the content of the SVG documents..."), add:

> """
> While SVG 1.1 requires [0] that conforming SVG implementations must correctly
> support gzip-encoded [RFC1952] and deflate-encoded [RFC1951] data streams,
> this specification requires that conforming SVG implementations must correctly
> support plain-text and gzip-encoded [RFC1952] data streams only.  In any case,
> svgDocLength encodes the length of the encoded data, not the decoded document.
> """

That is slightly odd, as it could be read to mean a superset of SVG
rather than (as was intended) a subset. I suggest this minor
clarification:

While SVG 1.1 requires [0] in addition to plain text encoding that
conforming SVG implementations must correctly support gzip-encoded
[RFC1952] and deflate-encoded [RFC1951] data streams, (etc etc)

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain