[OpenType] Re: [mpeg-OTspec] SVGZ in SVG+OpenType

Leonardo Chiariglione leonardo at chiariglione.org
Wed Oct 29 19:08:17 CET 2014

Dear Vladimir,

I believe that mandating what each individual implementation may or may not
support is out of scope of the OFF standard

Well, "mandating" is certainly out of scope, but identifying which
combination of tools are used and recording them as "profiles"is what MPEG
has been doing since late 1992.

Judging from the number of (used) profiles in MPEG and the number of
different organisations that employ the profile approach, it looks like
"profile" is a standard and market friendly approach to problem solving

Leonardo

Visit  <http://leonardo.chiariglione.org/> Leonardo's web site

 <http://leonardo.chiariglione.org/>