[mpeg-OTspec] Suggested 'MATH' tables corrections [1 Attachment]

Sergey Malkin sergey.malkin at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 18:12:18 CEST 2014

 Hello Keith,

You are absolutely right, those are real errors in the spec. Looks like they
were introduced in the process of converting from our initial Word specs. I
verified data structures against original document as well as actual code
reading MATH table. To make it easier for Vlad to make corrections in the spec,
I'll repeat all correction here:

1. In MathConstants table: Fields DelimitedSubFormulaMinHeight and
DisplayOperatorMinHeight should be USHORT instead of signed SHORT

2. In MathConstants table, StretchStackGapBelowMin field of type
MathValueRecord should be added after StretchStackGapAboveMin with following
element, and the (ink) top of the element below. Suggested:
LowerLimitGapMin."

3. MathItalicsCorrectionInfo table: field
ItalicsCorrectionCount should be of USHORT type instead of SHORT

4. MathTopAccentAttachmentTable: field
TopAccentAttachmentCount should be USHORT

5. MathKernInfo table; MathKernCount should be USHORT

6. MathKern table: HeightCount should be USHORT

7. MathGlyphVariantRecord table: VariandGlyph
should have type GlyphID

8. GlyphPartRecord table: Glyph field should have type
GlyphID

Thanks,

Sergey