Updates in Your Groups, August 15, 2015

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Aug 17 17:54:56 CEST 2015

Hi Ken and Rich,

I did receive the notification that richtaylor187 <rtaylor187 at gmail.com> has joined the mpeg-OTspec group but that was it so far. I didn't see any other emails from Rich coming via the list and I don’t see any new messages in the group's web archive either: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mpeg-OTspec/conversations/messages.

Rich, can you please check that your email has a correct list email in the recipient list (should be mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com) ?
It's possible that if Ken was cc:ed directly on that email he was the only AHG member who actually saw it. For the sake of proper comment attribution, it would be better if the email is sent to the list by the comment author.

As far as copying the 'other' list (I assume you mean OpenType user list) - my biggest gripe with that (and with Clive in particular) is the OpenType list configuration. The way it's currently setup is that it doesn’t allow any third party to be a recipient of the list emails, so when an original email is sent to two separate lists and someone from OpenType list replies to it - the people on the other list will never see the reply because the other list address is stripped from it. I'd rather keep the email discussions related to spec edits and amendments limited to mpeg-OTspec list for this reason alone; otherwise, the discussions become fragmented and it's hard to keep track of the replies that made it back to the mpeg-OTspec list vs. those that didn't.

Thank you,
Vlad