[mpeg-OTspec] Re: Soliciting comments on draft OFF amendment

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Sun Aug 30 18:34:33 CEST 2015

On 30/08/15 05:41, Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com [mpeg-OTspec] wrote:

> Given that two people thus far support mapping U+0020 and U+00A0 to
> GID+1, I support this as well.

Isn't it still Adobe's policy not to map individual glyphs to more than
one character, in order to facilitate Acrobat text reconstruction? If
both U+0020 and U+00A0 map to a single /space/ glyph, one loses the
distinction between breaking and non-breaking spaces in text
reconstructed from printstream distilled PDFs. [This isn't something
that bothers me; but it is historically something that bothers Adobe.]

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

Getting Spiekermann to not like Helvetica is like training
a cat to stay out of water. But I'm impressed that people
know who to ask when they want to ask someone to not like
Helvetica. That's progress. -- David Berlow