[mpeg-OTspec] Soliciting comments on draft OFF amendment

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Aug 31 17:00:17 CEST 2015

Dear all,

In order to initiate the submission of the ballot comments via official channels I need to finalize and present them today. (!)
The draft I have assembled based on the AHG discussions is attached but I can’t really distill [yet] anything that would be seen as a consensus decision and at the same time would address the proposed changes for subclauses 7.6 and 7.7.

If we can come up with the minimally invasive set of changes that would satisfy the realities of today’s world and be acceptable for the audience at large – we still have time to do it. I am inclined to keep the draft “as is” for now – present it with the clear side note that two more items still need to be worked on. The ballot closing date is Oct. 5 but in order to be processed through the appropriate channels it needs to be submitted at least a month ahead. We may still have a couple of days this week to finalize the changes but in order to make it into the final ballot it needs to happen soon. Otherwise, the draft ballot attached here will be automatically  transformed and submitted as final.

Thank you very much for your hard work and your contributions,
Vladimir