script tags update

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 25 00:59:24 CET 2016

Vlad, and others:

In anticipation of Unicode 9, we've updated the table of script tags in the OpenType Layout tag registry with Unicode 9 additions. Also, somehow we had overlooked updating that page last year for Unicode 8, so those additional script tags got added as well. The page is now completely up to date for Unicode 9.

https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/scripttags.htm

It would be good to have these reflected in the next update to 14496-22. I wouldn't expect any inconsistencies between this and what is currently in 14496-22, but please take a look and let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks
Peter

Peter Constable, Senior Program Manager
Microsoft | Operating Systems Group