[mpeg-OTspec] OFF Font variations Working Draft for review

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 6 01:28:22 CET 2017

Actually, this deserves a slightly less snarky response from me. I’m currently preparing OpenType version 1.8.1, and have lots of content input for Vlad as a result of that that I’m communicating to him in a similar manner to all of the content I provided for him to start his 4th Edn working draft: as a delta-highlighted version of the OpenType spec.

But, as I would expect any font developer or typographer to know, typography does matter in clear presentation of content.

So, while Vlad or I don’t need to have detailed discussions about documentation of CFF2 operators here — I’ve done that offline with relevant folk at Adobe, who are the only ones that need to be engaged on that — there is definitely benefit in getting advice here about the typographic issues involving use of en dash in a technical spec that gives numeric ranges and math formulas in close proximity.

And happy 2017, everyone!
Peter