[mpeg-OTspec] Draft ballot comments for your review [1 Attachment]

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Fri Jun 9 18:17:36 CEST 2017

Thank you Peter, really appreciate your contributions!

All,

I’d like to inform you about some recent procedural changes that might have a short-term effect on our work. There’s been a change in the process on how ISO SC29 handles new work item ballots. In the past, when the new work item was proposed both the proposed subdivision ballot and new document approval ballot were issued at the same time. According to the new process, the proposed subdivision ballot is issued first, and the new document approval ballot will only be issued if the proposed subdivision is approved, which means that the new 4th edition Committee Draft OFF ballot can only be issued once the request for subdivision is approved via ballot that will close on July 13.

Considering the large number of editorial comments and corrections, I think it makes sense to publish a study of the current Committee Draft text and fix all the editorial issues before presenting it for approval ballot. The delay will only minimal – instead of issuing the CD ballot on July 14th (at the earliest) we would have a new version of the CD text be approved at the next WG11 meeting on July 21st and have a editorially revised text available. This would offer an opportunity to significantly declutter the future ballot comments, as it would allow us to concentrate on the essential technical changes and not be bogged down by a share number of editorial corrections, typo fixes, etc.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Vladimir