[mpeg-OTspec] Registering new GPOS features?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Apr 26 06:05:26 CEST 2018

Thanks Ken.

I agree 'dist' is not ideal, for at least, it's not applied by non-Indic
shapers currently.

What I was hinting at was that maybe we should register one catch-all
required feature that can be used in the future for any such things.
Separating vertical might be the easiest currently. In some future we will
add direction hints to lookups and then it wouldn't be needed anymore.
Currently there's no such catch-all required feature. For GSUB, people do
things with 'ccmp' or 'loca' which are supposed to be always on in all
shapers.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/