[MPEG-OTSPEC] Defining the text shaping working group’s scope

profirst at compuserve.com profirst at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 11 03:06:30 CEST 2020

While I do not disagree with what Peter outlined in general, I do question where the line between plaintext and rich text should lie. If it is customary and common, e.g., for a script to be written both vertically and horizontally, even though vertical text display is commonly considered to be a formatting or shaping issue, I feel it should be, for that script, part of its plaintext properties. If this makes implementation and documentation difficult, so be it.

John F.