[MPEG-OTSPEC] Updates to specification

Adam Twardoch (Lists) list.adam at twardoch.com
Fri Aug 14 20:13:48 CEST 2020

Ps. the "reference implementation" that’s part of ISO OFF actually shows
that there are two very different natures of OT/OFF:

One is a file format, which has a specification, where the reference
implementation can be something like fontTools/TTX.

One is a "typographic process", where a reference implementation might
looks more like a combo of HarfBuzz and FreeType.

As noted by others, the OT/OFF documentation currently kind of mixes both
natures.

A.