[MPEG-OTSPEC] Updates to specification

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Aug 17 17:55:09 CEST 2020

Hi Norbert,

In US, the organization that represents the country is an official ISO member is INCITS, and there is a specific committee there that conducts all ISO SC29 related activities (both MPEG and JPEG): https://www.incits.org/committees/l3
In order to be nominated as an expert all that is needed is for your company to become an INCITS member (there are some nominal annual fees involved), and express your desire to join a specific committee of interest. Once you are a member of that committee, you’re nominated to participate as an expert on behalf of the US delegation.

I assume that other countries have similar procedures in place, where their national standardization bodies (BSI in UK, DIN in Germany, etc.) are ISO members.

If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to contact me on this list or in private.