[MPEG-OTSPEC] Acknowledging sources

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Tue Aug 18 12:11:23 CEST 2020

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM Dave Crossland <dcrossland at google.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2020, 11:25 AM David Singer <singer at apple.com> wrote:
>> An ISO spec. does not have any acknowledgements or names in it, alas.
>
> Interesting.
>
> It seems like what we need then is a superset of what ISO requires, and an automated document build system that has an "iso" output target.

This sounds spot on to me. What the community of developers is willing
to collaborate on and can effectively create –as well as what font
developers need to read in the end– is one thing, and that thing is a
superset of any official spec documentation (through ISO or
otherwise). It will be much easier to have a living collaborative
document developed in the open under VCS with a lightweight process
with an automatic process for formatting and reducing it to the legal
rubber stamp version than the other way around.

For those not also following related Github activity, let me crosslink
this issue about the use of Bikeshed as well:

https://github.com/commontype-standard/commontype/issues/25

Caleb