[MPEG-OTSPEC] Draft charter of the FTCG

梁海 Liang Hai lianghai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:16:12 CEST 2020

Hi (potential) participants of the FTCG (Font and Text Community Group) on the MPEG-OTSPEC list,

Make sure to read this message first to understand the rationale behind the draft charter:

Update on setting up the Font and Text Community Group (FTCG)
https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2020-August/002163.html <https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2020-August/002163.html>

A charter defines our scope and process, among others. Simon has already initiated the pull request (PR) with the charter’s draft text:

https://github.com/font-text/font-text.github.io/pull/1 <https://github.com/font-text/font-text.github.io/pull/1>

There’s also an official template for CG charters from W3C, as recommended by Fuqiao Xue, and you should refer to it when you review and discuss our draft one:

https://github.com/w3c/cg-charter <https://github.com/w3c/cg-charter>

You’re all encouraged to discuss the draft text on the PR page. You may discuss it under this thread as well (and we’ll relay your opinions between the PR page and this thread), but the PR page will be much more readable when the discussion gets long.

I believe the PR is clear enough about its intention (creating a charter), therefore specifically discussing it doesn’t put us in danger of accidentally make technical contributions (a concern explained in the prerequisite message).

Best,
梁海 Liang Hai, acting chair of the FTCG
https://lianghai.github.io