[MPEG-OTSPEC] WD for AMD 2 and COLR v1 enhancements

Vladimir Levantovsky vladimir.levantovsky at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 19:59:03 CET 2020

Hello all,

Many thanks to Peter, Rod, Dominik, and many other people who have
contributed their review comments to the development and improvements of
the proposed text for COLR v1 amendment.

Since the deadlines for registration and upload of input contributions is
coming up soon, I would like to propose the following plan of actions:
- use the updated COLR v1 text from the public GitHub repo
https://github.com/googlefonts/colr-gradients-spec#annex-a-proposed-changes-to-isoiec-14496-22
as the basis for the updated proposal;
- extend the current draft amendment with three additional amended parts
proposed as part of MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
<https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat/issues>discussions (issues
36-38);
- submit the AHG Recommendation to consider the proposed changes be used as
a replacement to the current content of the Working Draft ISO/IEC
14496-22/AMD2.

Please submit your additional comments and proposed changes (if any) no
later than the end of day on December 30. In absence of additional
comments, and if no objections will have been raised by Dec. 30 - I will
consider the current text of the proposal, along with the additional
changes, to be approved by AHG consensus.

Thank you again for your contributions!
Vladimir