[MPEG-OTSPEC] Agendas and minutes of the Font AHG

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Oct 1 00:42:57 CEST 2020

I have two concerns.

First, do P-members of SC29 not belonging to the
Font AHG have access to important information?
If nothing except balloted texts is available, national
bodies are not well informed.  For example,
was India well informed when some decisions
in the Font AHG are very relevant to them?

Second, how consensus has been declared in
the Font AHG?

> [Note:  Consensus is defined as general agreement, characterised by
> the absence of sustained opposition to substantial issues by any
> important part of the concerned interests and by a process that
> involves seeking to take into account the views of all parties
> concerned and to reconcile any conflicting arguments.  Consensus need
> not imply unanimity.  (ISO/IEC Guide 2:1996)]

If few agendas and minutes are available and
everything is recorded as part of AHG reports,
(and when some members of the AHG
still oppose to "consensus"), I think that it
is hard to defend consensus in the past.

Regards,
Makoto

2020年10月1日(木) 4:24 Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com

Regards,