[MPEG-OTSPEC] Call for Consensus RE: proposal: COLR extension

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Oct 3 00:37:58 CEST 2020

> Moving forward, I'm also going to object to ANY proposal that was NOT developed in the open on this mailing list. Because as was made very clear to me, no place other than this list is considered part of the ISO process and as such is NOT subject to any form of process or regulations for decision-making.

SC 29/ WG 11 N 19386 appears to be an official
document for establishing this AHG.  It mentions
this ML as a reflector but does not mention any
other MLs or GitHub repositories.  I thus think
that they (except this ML) are irrelevant to this
AHG.

I would not be this strict usually.  But there appear
to be several MLs and GitHub repositories about
font formats.  Even experts appear to be confused:
which is for OFF and which is for a spec of a
private company and which is an independent
attempt?

Don't take me wrong.  I am not saying ISO committees
cannot use GitHub.  My committee (SC34/WG4)
does.  I'm just saying that I have not found any
evidence in the SC29 document archive to believe
that this AHG officially uses a GitHub repository.
National bodies are not notified.

Regards,
Makoto