[MPEG-OTSPEC] near-term OT spec work

Roderick Sheeter rsheeter at google.com
Wed Oct 7 06:17:23 CEST 2020

I vigorously agree it would be helpful to have a public draft and that we
should pursue any options that might lead to one. However, we can - and
should - make progress even without it.

The OFF can be downloaded for free. As I understand it we are allowed to
prepare proposals in public using whatever tools we like as long as in the
end we submit in a form ISO deems acceptable. That seems to suggest a group
could form to draft a proposal to submit to ISO. Such a group could even be
organized via W3C if a group whose output is a proposal to ISO is ok to
charter there?