[MPEG-OTSPEC] Draft AHG report for your review

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed Oct 7 09:59:35 CEST 2020

On 07/10/2020 07:07, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> Please find attached the draft AHG report for your review and comments.
> I would like to ask you to submit your comments no later than by end of
> day on Wednesday, Oct. 7^th . I plan to submit this report to the WG no
> later than the morning of Oct. 8^th – sorry for a short notice.

Hi Vlad. Thanks so much for the work involved in pulling this together.
I think in general it was a fair and honest summary of the past few
months. However, I take exception to one sentence in section IV:

"we achieved a much better shared understanding of the limitations of
the processes we need to follow"

This suggests that, now we all understand the processes better, there is
an acceptance of the "need" to follow those processes. I don't think
this is a fair representation of what has been said on this group; there
has been considerable discussion of how to work around these processes,
including a serious proposal to disband the AHG altogether. This does
not, to me, sound like a group of people which has meekly accepted the
need to follow the rules.