[MPEG-OTSPEC] Draft AHG report for your review

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Wed Oct 7 18:44:50 CEST 2020

On 07102020 12:59 am, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Hi Vlad. Thanks so much for the work involved in pulling this
> together. I think in general it was a fair and honest summary of the
> past few months. However, I take exception to one sentence in section IV:
>
> "we achieved a much better shared understanding of the limitations of
> the processes we need to follow"
>
> This suggests that, now we all understand the processes better, there
> is an acceptance of the "need" to follow those processes. I don't
> think this is a fair representation of what has been said on this
> group; there has been considerable discussion of how to work around
> these processes, including a serious proposal to disband the AHG
> altogether. This does not, to me, sound like a group of people which
> has meekly accepted the need to follow the rules.

I read that sentence differently, but perhaps it could be revised along
these lines to avoid ambiguity:

     we achieved a much better shared understanding of the limitations
     of the processes that ISO currently requires us to follow

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

NOTE: In the interests of productivity, I am currently
dealing with email on only two days per week, usually
Monday and Thursday unless this schedule is disrupted
by travel. If you need to contact me urgently, please
use some other method of communication. Thank you.